Today Chef Luca is taking you on a tour to Sicily, showing you, step by step, how to cook Spaghetti with Pesto alla Trapanese recipe.
The Pesto alla Trapanese is a Sicilian variation of the Genovese Pesto, typical of the Trapani area. Other than replacing the pine nuts with almonds, the recipe also adds tomatoes.
As Luca mentioned in the video the ingredients of this easy recipe offer delicious flavour to the dish as well as a great aromatic smell.
Chef Luca encourages people to use organic ingredients to enhance the flavour of this dish.
- 3 garlic cloves
- A handful of fresh basil
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 50g shelled, unskinned almonds
- 3 tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
1) Place the garlic, the almonds and the tomatoes in a food processor and blitz enough to create a smooth paste.
2) Add the basil, salt and pepper and continue blitz until it becomes creamy.
3) Cook the pasta in a large saucepan with boiling water until it becomes “al dente”.
4) Drain the spaghetti and tip them into the bowl with your pesto sauce.
5) Mix everything together and serve it with a few basil leaves on top.